• lawcourtshomepage

What do I call the Judge / Justices of the Peace?


The Justices of the Peace are referred to as "Your Worships" or "Sir" or "Madam"

The Senior Magistrate is referred to as "Your Honour"

The Coroner is referred to as "Sir" or "Madam"

The Chief Justice or Acting Supreme Court Judge" is referred to as "My Lord" or "My Lady"


If you are unsure about what type of judge will be hearing your case please ask a member of the court staff.